Sunday, February 10, 2008

Hockey Day in Canada (and a weekend recap)

No, despite my threats, I didn't watch all 12 hours on Saturday. I do love the the NHL programming allows for CBC to run all day through, and I did watch a fair amount.

For Stars programming though - Saturday was GREAT. Regardless of illness, or anything else, it's great to beat a team that we struggled with so much last year. Tonight, Minnesota needed a lengthly shoot out to beat those same Blues. Legacy earned the point himself with an amazing save with 13 seconds remaining. If you see it, keep in mind the context of playing back to back with the flu.

We will still need a scorer to keep pace. The Ducks have added the under-handed way with two returning players. Sharks have added brawn with Jody Shelly. I'm sure there will be more deals done.

Personally, I just want the standings to catch up to us in terms of games played. Hard to tell where we stand. The Sharks keep pace, but will have a harder road to go between now and then.

No comments: